While most understand that the Florida House of Representatives will be driven by principles, some may wonder about the principles. House leadership collectively identified these principles and identifiers:
1. Limited Government – will a proposal expand state or local government?
2. Lower Taxes – will a proposal increase state or local taxes, fees or assessments?
3. Protect Free Markets – will a proposal result in competition between government and private market?
4. Empower Families – does a proposal erode familial or community bonds?
5. Preserve the Constitution- does a proposal cede legislative or state authority?
Policies that promote these principles will be House priorities.
– House Majority Leader Ray Rodrigues