The first official day of summer is still a week away, but the Sunshine State’s warm weather has already beckoned many Floridians to the community pool, local water park and nearby beach. As we seek to cool off in the water, it’s critical to keep important swimming safety measures in mind:
• Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards.
• Always swim with a buddy; don’t swim alone.
• Maintain supervision over children at all times – don’t assume someone else is watching them.
• Young children and inexperienced swimmers should wear life jackets/vests.
Summertime is fun time, so play it safe while swimming!
– Jennifer Fennell, CoreMessage, Inc.