February is American Heart Month, and while many efforts focus on Go Red For Women, heart health is important for everyone.
The American Heart Association recommends following Life’s Simple 7 steps for better heart health:
– Manage blood pressure to reduce the strain on your heart.
– Control cholesterol to avoid artery-clogging plaque.
– Reduce blood sugar that can damage your organs.
– Get active to increase your quality of life.
– Eat a heart-healthy diet.
– Lose weight to reduce burden on your heart and other organs.
– Stop smoking.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death of Americans. Check your risk here.
– Lily Conrad, American Heart Association Tampa Bay