In the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, CFO Jimmy Patronis partnered with Sen. Marco Rubio to open “insurance villages” to help Floridians with insurance claims. More than 500,000 Irma-related claims have been filed.
Insurance is an oft-forgotten preparedness activity, but there are easy ways to prepare before the next storm:
1) Create a home inventory with descriptions of items.
2) Take photos of valuables. Email or upload to the cloud.
3) Save your insurance agent’s contact information somewhere handy.
4) Print your insurance policy and keep it in a waterproof bag.
5) Review and update current insurance policies.
– Anna Alexopoulos Farrar, On 3 Public Relations