On the Fourth of July, those colorful bursts of dazzling lights in the sky evoke excitement, wonder and patriotism. But, they can also cause serious injury if not handled correctly. This July Fourth, follow these firework safety tips:
• Light fireworks in a clear area away from buildings, vehicles and power lines.
• Never relight a “dud” firework.
• Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
• Before disposing of used fireworks, drop them in a bucket of water.
• Keep your pets inside and away from any fireworks, even small ones.
Enjoy a happy, safe and responsible Fourth of July.
– Jennifer Fennell, CoreMessage, Inc.